— Hafiz (via hanging-teeth)
Tartines au chèvre — one of France’s finer (and simpler) delicacies that won a lasting place in my heart when Maxime made them for me in our tiny kitchen just after we moved in three years ago.
Here’s what you’ll need (for two hungry people): 1 baguette sliced into rounds, 1 log of goat cheese sliced into rounds, liquid honey, dried rosemary (or thyme), olive oil, salt, pepper, leafy green lettuce
Here’s how easy it is to make: Preheat your oven to around 350 F. Place your bread rounds on a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Place your goat cheese rounds on the oil-drizzled bread rounds. Eat the extra cheese or save it (depending on hunger level). Drizzle a bit of honey onto each piece of goat cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and dried rosemary. Stick the whole thing in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese starts melting. Serve hot with a side of lettuce (undressed) and be ready to fall madly in love with these mini open-faced sandwiches.
adding a bit of cinnamon with the honey is also good.
— Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore (via ckgarden)
I just wanted to have a moment of appreciation for my favorite female-led non-romantic comedies
Can we appreciate how feminist all these movies are in completely different ways?
Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids proved that yes, a comedy with an all girl cast is possible, and both guys and girls will fucking love it
Easy A is filled to the brim with slut-shaming and how fucking ridiculous it is
She’s the Man has the traditional type of plot of a tomboy girl succeeding in a male-dominated area (typical does not mean bad)
Mean Girls is all about the cattiness of girls and how that shit has got to stop. (“You’ve got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores”)
And Legally Blonde is a personal favorite. Beauty does not mean ignorance, femininity does not mean inferiority. You can be kick-ass, intelligent and feminist even when you’re wearing pink. This kinda message seems a little harder to come by when it comes to “empowered women” in the media.
Basically, these movies are progressive gold
Michael Buble’ pulls a fan on stage to sing with him and get’s shocked to hell when his fan has talent!
“Holy shit balls!”
This is awesome.
LOOK HOW EXCITED HE GETS OMG
MICHAEL BUBLE IS ACTUALLY MY FAVOURITE PERSON ALIVE
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.